Thursday, August 2, 2007

In case you're wondering, mom....

...I do miss home-cooked food, preferably prepared from scratch by you or me. It just needs to be made in front of me, not in some back kitchen of the Deviltown dining facility or a restaurant in downtown Vero. (Yea, we don't have a kitchenette in our suites-- a microwave and a mini-fridge. I'm actually a pro at microwave cooking now... Right, so now not only will I get skin cancer but also some type of cancer that nuking food promotes. Faaaantastic.)

The good news is that my legs are thinner; the bad news is that my tummy is fatter, as a result of too many starches since they don't offer me vegetarian options at the dining hall. I've resorted to skipping out on meals completely from the dining hall and eating yogurt with nuts and fruit, protein bars, and veggie patties, popcorn and a variety of other such foods that I can stick in the nuker, etc.

I swear, I'm ready to commandeer anyone's kitchen and cook up a feast for my coworkers Jeff, Christian and Dianna. Just 'cause I think they're so great. And that's the number 1 redeeming quality about my month-long stay here in Deviltown. :)

1 comments :

  1. Just Another Blog said...

    Thats called Kwashiakor, in case you're wondering. And its the number one cause of death and depression at Deviltown Fl.

    That and people named after cars... really really fast cars.